Pages

Wednesday 14 June 2017

sustainabillaty

Aim: 
I want to find out how to grow a sustainable garden.

Things I need to consider:
  • Can the plants grow in our climate?
  • What plants can you grow when planted in July?
  • How long do they take to mature? When can they be harvested?
  • How many mature plants will fit into my garden size?
  • How can I water them during the holidays?
  • How do I keep pests away?
Research:

Plants
Christchurch has temperate climate.  Here is a link to list of plants that can be grown in Christchurch during September.

I would like to grow:
  • Beetroot to be ready in November
  • Sunflowers to be ready in November
  • Silverbeet to be ready in November
  • Potatoes to be ready in December

Self-Watering System
trees
Apple tree
pear tree
lemon tree
Mandarin tree
orange tree
vines
beans
grapes
water
berry bushes
blue Berry's
raspberry's
1. compost
2. glass house
3.warm farm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.